Bringing Your Visions to Reality: Creating a Recovery Vision Board That Works!
A new year is upon us and while you may want to change some things to improve your personal and/or professional life, you aren’t quite sure how to get started. A vision board is a great place to begin because it will help to provide you with a visualization of where you want to go or be in a year from now.
National Vision Board Day is celebrated the second Saturday of each year, and in 2022 it falls on January 8th. A vision board can be about anything – the ideal house you want to live in with your family, a career in a certain field, finding the right person you want to fall in love with, or improved finances. This is true for a Recovery Vision Board as well because it will include the various aspects of your life where you are seeking to change and will provide a roadmap for making your dreams a reality. It will serve as a daily visual tool and can help you to remain motivated, especially when you are feeling overwhelmed.
To Get Started You Will Need:
- An open creative space
- A clear mind
- Soft inspirational music
- Cork or poster board
- Pens, paint, or markers
- Glitter, stickers, ribbons, or anything else you want to use
- Glue stick, tape, or pins
- 2-4 hours (does not need to be in one sitting)
Identify Some Questions You Want to Ask Yourself
- What do I want, as in, what do I really want?
- What do I need?
- How do I want to feel?
- What activities or destructive behaviors do I want to reduce or avoid?
- What do I want to change in my personal life?
- What do I want the people in my life to be like?
- What healthy habits do I want to embrace?
- How do I want to spend my free time?
- What type of change am I seeking in my marriage or home life?
Creating Your Recovery Vision Board
- When creating your recovery vision board, start by looking through different magazines.
- Trust your instincts by cutting out photos, words, content, and anything that resonates, inspires, or motivates you. Keep in mind that positive messages can be powerful influences.
- Place the larger images, words, and content first, then the smaller graphics and items, and shift things around until they look the way you want.
- When all is in order, adhere the items to your board with glue, tape, or pins.
- Display on a wall or in a location that you consider a sacred space where you will see it each day and can focus on it.
You can manifest your future by believing that change is possible.
If you focus on your recovery vision board, it will become your reality.
For help manifesting your recovery dreams and healing one day at a time, call 888-ADMIT-IT (888-236-4848), text (321-978-0555), email (email@example.com), live chat (gamblinghelp.org), use the 888-ADMIT-IT App (https://landing.appypie.com/888-admit-it), or reach out on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.