scratch ticket blues

General Forum

Moderator: Administrator

Administrator

Post by Administrator » Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 am

(originally posted by EricF0515)

There is tons of help. I identify with how you're feeling. I too was hooked bad on the scratch offs. It was important for me to find out I wasn't alone nor unique. A lot of people have had the same problems and have gotten through them and are living happy purposeful lives. I would suggest calling the Hotline (1888ADMITIT). They have tons of experience and many resources as well as a few suggestions for you. The council has helped me out a lot.

Administrator

Post by Administrator » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 am

(originally posted by comp gam mt lawley west a)

Hi we have the same problem in australia, the answer is dont, as when you win you only give the money back to them, seek some help ie local ga chapter as we know that if you win big it will lead you to other forms of gambling.

Administrator

Post by Administrator » Wed May 14, 2008 7:52 am

(originally posted by EricF0515)

Wow, Austrailian GA sounds just like Florida GA. Thats pretty amazing to think that there is GA all over the world, and that we all have the same malady and are offered the same solution. The GA here in Florida has grown a lot in the past few years, at least in my area. More young people too, which is encouraging to me as I am only 22. Are there quite a few groups in Australia?

A few facts for anyone searching help in Florida:
-To find out more about GA, call the GA hotline here in Florida (800) 891-1740or the Florida HelpLine (888-ADMIT-IT). You can speak to a recovering compulsive gambler by calling either phone number, which is very helpful.

The HelpLine offers a few resources that can be very helpful. One thing is a Peer Connect program. They also offer financial assistance in talking to a counselor if insurance or funds are not available. That is kind of done on an individual basis, but it is nice to know its a possibility.