Abstinance is Bliss

General Forum

Moderator: Administrator

horrorfan

Abstinance is Bliss

Post by horrorfan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 pm

You have all heard of "Ignorance is Bliss". I say "Abstinance is Bliss". Each day i wake up , i thank God for supplying me with the tools for a better way of life. I never thought that life could be so good. Don't get me wrong, there are still many shortfalls, frustrations and unpleasant experiences, but I know how to deal with them now instead of running away to gamble. You can choose to give up at the first sign of trouble or you can stand up and face your problems and fears in a mature manner. The quitting gambling was the easy part of recovery. It is the character defects that take so long to change. Being judgemental, callous, selfish, immature, etc... is what you need to work on to have a healthy recovery. I take things one day at a time because i know how close i am to going back out. I am just one step away from making that mistake and it is a place i do not want to return to. Now i look forward to friends, family, work, meetings with others that are dealing with this problem just like me. If you put 10% of the effort that you put into gambling into recovery, i promise you , you will have a better life!!!!!! I am 2 years and 3 months clean.

ProblemPoker

Post by ProblemPoker » Sun May 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Good for you man. Keep up the good work.