Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Location: port charlotte, fl
|Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:54 am Post subject: November Posting
This past month I :
* Spoke to a doctoral class at Argosy University about gambling awareness and education and how to screen for (lie/bet questions) and to be aware of the cormorbidity with other mental health presentations;
* Contacted the school counselors in Charlotte County with plans to meet and speak to them personally;
* Obtained the name of contacts for school PTA/PTOs;
* On Nov. 18 I will have a table for awareness on gambling with the FCCG banner at a Chamber of Commerce breakfast business card exchange; and
* Tomorrow I will be doing a presentation on gambling at the Florida Addictions Institute.
An article that I wrote on gambling and anger management was published in the NCGC newsletter.